To apply for a tenancy (payable to Cardiff Student Letting)
Holding Deposit: £50 per person. This payment is offset against the amount owing on the Security Deposit or first rental payment. Security Deposit: Usually one month¿s rent. This must be paid within 15 days of the date of the Holding Deposit Payment.
Rent, charged per calendar month. If you move in mid month the first payment is calculated using the daily rate plus the next full calendar month's rent.
During the Tenancy: In addition to paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following payments: Utilities: gas, water and electricity. Communications: telephone and broadband. Subscription to cable/ satellite supplier (including installation). Television licence. Council Tax.
Other permitted payments:
- Missed appointments, such as a landlord arranging with a tenant for a contractor to carry out remedial work at a property, and a tenant subsequently refusing entry, or not being home to allow entry, resulting in charges to the landlord.
- Avoidable or purposeful damage to property.
- Damage to a property caused by neglect or careless or wilful behaviour by the Tenant, any Member of the Tenant's Household or any of the Tenant's visitors. For example drains blocked by the tenants' waste or boiler repair claims caused by not having any credit on a utility meter.
- Replacement keys, loss of any keys by the tenant requiring a landlord to arrange for the cutting of new keys and delivery of those keys to the tenant including any change of locks and/or additional keys being required.
- Emergency/out of hours and general call-out fees; fees incurred as a result of someone having to attend the property at the request of a tenant, such as a locksmith or an emergency glazier out of hours, when the problem had been caused by the tenant in the first place, such as a broken window, or keys locked inside a house.
- Interest and charges on late payments:
- Interest is charged at the rate of four per cent above the base rate of a London clearing bank chosen by the Landlord, calculated from the due date until actual payment.
- £15 inc. VAT will be applied when we need to chase by email, text, phone or post until the balance is cleared.
- £30 inc. VAT will be applied where a rent chase visit to the property is required.
Cardiff Student Letting holds Client Money Protection and is a member of the Property Ombudsman Scheme.